Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure to break and remove excess of fat from the body. It helps you to dispose of diet and exercise resistant fat from hips, buttocks, love handles, thighs, ankles, breast, arms, back, neck, face and saddle bags. Liposuction surgery is one of the most popular and safest cosmetic procedures to get into the desired shape. It is an aesthetic surgery that removes fat cells permanently to provide subtle effects. It refines and enhances body contour. Liposuction may be performed as a single procedure or along with breast reduction, tummy tuck or facelift surgery.
Liposuction is also known as liposculpture suction, lipoplasty, lipo or lipectomy. However, liposuction is not a weight reduction tool or an alternative to exercise and diet. It is not an obesity treatment. It won’t tighten sagging skin and won’t remove stretch marks, cellulite or dimples. For best results and safety always consult with the experienced Liposuction Surgery Doctor.
Types of Liposuction Procedures:
1. Tumescent liposuction- In this procedure, several liters of saline solution, local anesthesia and other medications to constrict the blood vessels are injected below the skin into the fat layer in the body area that is to be suctioned. The solution makes the fat cells swell and then with the help of small suction tube, the fat is sucked out. As this procedure is performed under the effect of local anesthesia blood loss and post-surgical pain is reduced.
2. Dry liposuction- Here no fluid is injected before the removal of fat. As there is a risk of bleeding and bruising, this method is very rarely used.
3. Super-wet Liposuction- It is a variation of the tumescent technique, but it uses less fluid injection, and here anesthesia is given.
4. Suction-assisted liposuction- It is the most traditional form of liposuction where a powerful vacuum is applied to break and suck the fat. In this procedure, a hollow instrument known as a cannula is inserted under the skin which is attached to a sturdy suction pump to create a vacuum.
5. Power-assisted liposuction- In this technique, the cannula has a vibrating tip that increases the motion of cannula so that the fat removal is easy, comfortable and fast. The movement is controlled, small and exact. It is a safe procedure and the incisions made are modest. Also, the recovery is quick.
6. Ultrasound-assisted liposuction- Here a special cannula that emits ultrasonic sound waves is used to loosen and melt the fat. The fat is liquefied enabling the removal of a higher volume of fat. This technique is best for male patients, dense fat and where a more extensive or fibrous area is involved. This procedure is followed by suction-assisted liposuction to remove the emulsified fat. However, in this technique, there is a little risk that the heat from the ultrasound waves may cause scarring or burning.
7. Vaser liposelection- It is a unique type of liposuction where the fat cells are emulsified with ultrasound and then further broken with the help of LipoSelection probe. By this method, the fat is removed easily without affecting the surrounding nerves, blood vessels and other tissues. The bruising and discomfort caused is very less. The best part is that this technique costs not more than manual liposuction techniques.
8. Laser-assisted liposuction- It is a new technology. It is considered to be more efficient, less invasive and less traumatic. It is also known as laser-guided lipo. Here tumescent fluid is used, and then a small tube is inserted through a tiny incision to deliver laser heat and energy into the fat. Laser liposuction is expensive in comparison to manual techniques, but the discomfort is less and recovery is fast.
Causes/Who Should Consider Liposuction. Reasons to have liposuction Done:
Who Are Good Candidates For Liposuction
Precautions Before Surgery: To prepare yourself for liposuction you need to take following steps:
Procedure: The procedure of liposuction is done in following steps:
1. Anesthesia- For the comfort of the patient, general or local anesthesia is given. The best choice for you will be recommended by your surgeon.
2. Incision- Through inconspicuous and small incisions liposuction is performed. To reduce trauma and bleeding, diluted local anesthesia is infused. Through the incision, a thin hollow tube (cannula) is inserted. The cannula is moved back and forth in a controlled motion, and the excess of fat is loosened. With the help of a syringe or surgical vacuum that is attached to the cannula, the fat is suctioned out of the body.
Closing the incision- The incisions are closed with dissolving sutures. If non-dissolving stitches are applied, they are removed in the follow-up appointment.
What To Expect?
Immediately after the operation you are shifted to the recovery room and monitored. If you have been given general anesthesia, you will be required to spend the night in the hospital. If local anesthesia is administered, you will be able to go home.
There may be swelling and bruising in the targeted area that will go in 7-10 days. The area where fat is removed will feel numb for 6-8 weeks.
The result of liposuction is immediate but is not clear until the inflammation subsides. Swelling may take a month to settle down. The results are permanent, If you gain weight, after liposuction, then the body area that underwent liposuction will not get bigger, but the area where fat cells are still present will grow. So try to maintain a stable weight. Liposuction Surgery Mumbai offers with expected results.
Precautions After surgery
Awesome services offered by this clinic. I came from andaman for getting six pack abs surgery done. Visited so many places, but finally fortunately choose the best place. Thanks for Dr. Parag Telang Aesthetics for offering me the best services in Mumbai. I am more than satisfy with the result.✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.
Fully satisfied with the Liposelection surgery. Great results without any cut. Thnx to doctor and team. Very safe procedure.✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.
Dr. Parag Telang is perfect in his job. He leaves no stone unturned to bring out favorable results. He and his team devotedly work to provide results which are good for your health and personality.✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.