Body contouring is a range of cosmetic surgeries done to enhance and rejuvenate the appearance of arms, legs, back, chest, and torso. Whether you have an excess of fat built, or you want to diminish the signs of aging body contouring is for you.
A wide variety of body contouring procedures such as implants or body lift and minimally invasive procedures such as sculpting are available. Which one is best for you is decided on your aesthetic requirement and budget.
One of the leading body reshaping procedure is ‘body contouring with silicone implants’.
Body Contouring With Silicone Implants
Body contouring with silicone implants has become a more excepted and popular method. It facilitates the enhancement of specific body parts and provides long lasting augmentation. It increases shape, size and definition of the treated body part .
Silicone or dimethylsiloxane implants are a synthetic polymer and come in the form of gels, rubbers and fluids.
Silicone implants are of two types solid and liquid. Solid silicone implants for body contouring are flexible, durable, soft, reliable and safe. Unlike liquid silicone implant that is used for breast augmentation, there is no risk that they can leak out. Also, there is no clinical finding of cancer from a solid implant or even a liquid one. It is a safe procedure that gives a long outcome.
Different anatomical regions can be corrected with the help of silicone implants such as pectoral, calf, gluteal, deltoid, biceps, trapezius and triceps. For a successful implant placement; location and proper pocket dissection are paramount.
Body contouring implants can be divided into two categories:
Generic implants- Such as pectoral implants, calf implants and buttock implants.
Unique implants- Such as cosmetic hip and thigh implants, abdominal implants, deltoid implants and bicep/triceps implants.
Causes Of Body Contouring With Silicone Implants
Silicone body implants are used for aesthetic reasons as well as to correct functional issues. Pectoral implants, deltoid implants, bicep or triceps implant and calf implants are also used to address injury related and genetic problems. They help to deal with reconstructive and debilitating congenital issues. On the other hand, silicone implants when used for aesthetic improvement, boost self-confidence and improves self-image.
Precautions Before Body Contouring With Silicone Implant
In general, inspite of what implant is to be placed, you need to follow the instructions mentioned below to prepare yourself for body contouring with silicone implants:
1. Quit smoking two weeks before the procedure is scheduled.
2. Quit alcohol a week before implant placement.
3. Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medicines and herb from 2 weeks prior to surgery.
4. Lab tests and physical examination is done to ensure you are fit for silicone implant.
5. If you have an allergy, had surgeries in the past, any chronic disease or if you are taking any medicine in the present notify your surgeon.
6. If you fall sick before surgery, inform your surgeon so that he/she can decide after evaluating your health condition whether you are fit for body contouring with a silicone implant.
7. On the day of implant placement bring an adult with you to drive you back home and also arrange someone to stay with you a few days.
8. Do not consume anything after the midnight before the surgery.
1. Pectoral Implants- Pectoral implants help to firm, enlarge and shape the chest muscles. It allows a natural appearance of your chest when the pectoral muscles are relaxed or flexed.
Prerequisites/ Why To Have Pectoral Silicone Implant placed:
Candidates for pectoral implants are:
What To Expect/Result:
The patient is not allowed to lift their arm for two days post surgery. After the procedure,the small dressing is placed under the arms that is removed in a week or 10 days. After the dressing is removed,gentle exercise is recommended to improve the range of motion of arms.In a week or two you will be able to resume the use of upper body and in a month full pectoral muscle activity may be recommended.
2. Butt Silicone Implant- Butt implants are flexible solid devices filled with silicone. Buttock implant can be directional (teardrop shape) or non-directional (round implant to provide a uniform projection.
Prerequisites/ Why To Have Butt Implant Placed:
What To Expect?
After the implant is placed,a compression garment is applied for the implant support. Swelling and bruising is temporary and subsides in about three months. Results are apparent after the swelling subsides. You will be able to walk after the implant is placed. You are recommended not to sit until sutures heal. After three weeks you can drive by placing a pillow underneath. In 8-10 weeks you may resume your normal activities. Full recovery takes several months.
3. Calf Silicone Implant- Calf augmentation with silicone implant increases the size and the shape of the patient’s calf. It tones and defines the lower leg. Both solid silicone and silicone gel calf implants are available. Silicone gel calf implants is best suited for the general population and is available in symmetrical sizes. Asymmetrical calf implants are more suited for bodybuilders. Solid silicone implants leave a palpable edge if placed close to the surface.
Prerequisites/ Why To Have Calf Silicone Implant placed:
Result/What To Expect?
After the procedure, the incision site is bruised,and lower leg is swollen. There is pain and discomfort that is managed with medicines. For the first two days get up and walk to the bathroom only with assistance. Keep your legs elevated to reduce trouble and swelling. The dressing is removed on the second day, and you are encouraged to walk a few times in a day. For a week you will be walking stiffly. You will slowly be able to walk a greater distance. You will be able to walk normally by 2nd to 3rd week. Avoid running, weightlifting and biking for 1-2 months. In 4- 6 weeks resume regular activities.
4. Bicep and Tricep Silicone Implants- Bicep and Tricep augmentation is an aesthetic procedure to increase the fullness in the upper arm and to create muscular definition. It is useful for males and females who after extensive muscle injury or conditioning are unable to achieve upper arm toning.
What To Except/ Result?
The result is instantaneous. There will be a moderate pain for 1-2 days that is managed by painkillers. The incision site is covered by bandages for two weeks. Within four weeks you will be able to resume your regular activities. During the recovery period(2-3 days) the patient is not allowed to lift arms. After the dressing is removed in a week, you are encouraged to do gentle exercises to improve the range of motion. Within a week the physical use of the upper body is resumed and in a month full muscular activity can be commenced.
5. Deltoid Silicone Implants- Soft and solid deltoid silicone implants are placed for shoulder augmentation. It emphasises the appearance of the shoulder region. The deltoid implant is considered for both reconstructive and cosmetic reasons.
Prerequisites / Why To Have Shoulder Augmentation With Silicone Implant:
The whole method takes not more than 2 hours.
For a few weeks after the procedure, you will find it difficult to elevateyour arms. Th condition will improve in a month as implant settles,and the deltoid muscle is stretched over the implant. In 4-6 weeks you can return to daily exercise and workout. Full healing takes six months. Also, the chances of infection is minimal.
6. Hip And Thigh Implant- Hip and thigh implants are flat silicone slice considered depending on the area they are placed. They provide a visible curve outward and enhance the appearance of the pelvis area.
Prerequisites / Why To Have Hip And Thigh Implant Placed:
Result/ What To Expect?
It is a safe procedure. Implants are not placed deeply into the tissues, so there is little chance of complications. For a month you are required to wear a compression garment and avoid strenuous activities. Regular walking is resumed the day after the surgery, and you can return to work and light exercise in 2 weeks.
7. Abdominal Implants- Abdominal implants also known as six-pack implants is an alternative to abdominal etching. It mimics the six-pack look. The implants are designed flexibly to move with the bodily activities and are designed to conform to the underlying muscles. They feel natural to touch. In some cases, this procedure is done in conjugation with tummy tuck before the placement of implants.
Prerequisites / Why To Get Abdominal Implants placed:
It is a minimally invasive procedure.Bruising, swelling and temporary aches are normal and subside in 7-10 days. You will be able to resume to light activities in 2-3 days. In 4-6 weeks you may resume strenuous activities.
Everybody at the clinic is very supportive of support staff to the doctor. And lastly, the most important thing is that I got the results as per my expectations. Thanks, sir.✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.
Dr. Parag Sir is the best cosmetic surgeon in Mumbai. Very happy with the treatment & result. The entire procedure was very comfortable. Didn't experience any pain or discomfort and would recommend to anyone considering cosmetic treatment.!✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.
Very fantastic experience with Dr. Parag Sir during my Brothers operation. all doctor team is experienced and well educated. Thank you, sir✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.