We all want to look our best!
A blemish-free, glowing and youthful-looking skin is what we all want. This is especially needed when we age. After all, our face is the first thing that people see, and it makes a huge difference in our social interactions and confidence level. Blemishes, wrinkles and acne scars affect the quality of our skin and hamper self-esteem.
Currently, there are many effective skincare treatments available which can reduce the signs of ageing and improve the skin texture. These treatments range from topical creams to invasive procedures which improve the skin condition. Laser treatment is especially getting popular these days due to its wide range of usage in cosmetic procedures. The laser technology has evolved a lot and has become more effective and sophisticated with the passing time.
Fractional CO2 Laser Technology
Laser technology can treat a variety of skin conditions. One of the most sophisticated laser options is fractional CO2 laser which uses skin revitalization laser technology. It is proved to have amazing anti-ageing results on the skin. It not only reduces the effects of ageing but also reverses the existing signs of it. Conditions, where Fractional CO2 treatment is effective, are:
1. Acne and other scars
2. Crow’s feet
3. Smoker’s lines
5. Age spots
The above-mentioned skin conditions improve significantly just after one session of the treatment. The skin feels rejuvenated and smoother post-treatment.
How does Fractional CO2 Laser work?
Fractional CO2 laser treatment uses a pattern of carbon dioxide laser beams to treat the skin. The clinical practitioner will send the carbon dioxide beam into the skin. The beam forms the microscopic holes in the skin, allowing it to produce more collagen, which keeps the skin healthy and rejuvenated.
The procedure doesn’t allow the laser energy to affect all the body parts at once. Instead, it affects a portion of skin, which increases the recovery time and therefore enhances the results. A person undergoing the treatment usually heals within 4-5 days.
The doctor doing the procedure will discuss the process with the patient first in order to reduce the likelihood of possible complications during the treatment. Although there are little to no risks involved in the procedure, following complications can arise:
1. Realistic expectations should be discussed prior to the treatment as sometimes even when the procedure is performed effectively, some patients may not feel satisfied as they had unrealistic expectations from the procedure.
2. Some patients who are very sensitive to the treatment may feel mild discomfort after the treatment.
3. During the procedure, there can also be little scarring like hypertrophic scars and keloid scars. It is important that the patient carefully follows the post-operative instructions to avoid the complication of scarring.
4. After the treatment, the skin can also develop the redness for about 2 weeks to 2 months. However, the redness in the very rare case takes more than 6 months to subside.
5. In laser, there is a very high risk of exposure to the eyes. So it’s important to wear the protective eyewear during the procedure.
It is vital to avoid any infection of the area as it may result in scarring. It is advisable to follow the pre and post-operative instructions carefully as it will increase the outcome significantly and help minimise any side-effects.
Dr.Parag Telang is a magician, he does his work beautifully. I would strongly recommend him, one of the best doctor.✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.
Dr. Parag Telang is perfect in his job. He leaves no stone unturned to bring out favorable results. He and his team devotedly work to provide results which are good for your health and personality.✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.
Dr. Parag Sir is the best cosmetic surgeon in Mumbai. Very happy with the treatment & result. The entire procedure was very comfortable. Didn't experience any pain or discomfort and would recommend to anyone considering cosmetic treatment.!✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.