Larger breas-ts do not always mean beautiful breas-ts. Shape and proportion are what matters. Women who have large breas-ts or macromastia and want to achieve the size of breas-t proportionate to their body can go for breas-t reduction surgery in Mumbai.
What Is Breas-t Reduction Surgery?
Breas-t reduction surgery or reduction mammoplasty is the removal of excess tissue, fat and skin from the breas-t. It makes the breas-ts firmer, less bulky, reduces the size, improves symmetry, eliminates sagging and makes them aesthetically pleasing.
Breas-t reduction surgery is performed using any of the two procedures:
1. Liposuction- Liposuction is either done in conjunction with the excision technique or alone. In this procedure, only the excess fat tissue from the breas-t is removed. It is a less invasive method and leaves undetectable scars. The results are long-lasting. However, just patients who desire slight to moderate reduction in breas-ts size, have minimal or no sagging and good elasticity of skin can achieve optimal results through liposuction. In short, only those women will be benefited by this technique whose large breas-t size is because of excessive fat tissue.
2. Excision- Here breas-t reduction surgery is performed by making an incision on your breas-t and removing excess of glandular tissue, fat and skin.
Which procedure will be used to reduce the breas-t size depends on the patient’s condition, amount of the reduction, optimum result, surgeons advise and personal preferences.
Causes: Reasons Women Consider Breas-t Reduction Surgery
Breas-t reduction surgery is opted by females with disproportionately large breas-ts to mitigate following issues:
1. Chronic irritation and rash under the breas-t crease
2. The weight of the breas-t is causing pain in upper back, neck and shoulders that require painkillers for relief
3. Excess breas-t tissue limits physical activity
4. Nerve pain
5. Poor self-image, self-conscious, emotional or physical distress and lack of confidence
6. Difficulty in fitting into clothing and bra. Bra-strap causes shoulder indentation
7. Social stigma and unhappy with large breas-t size
8. Breas-t Sagging
Who are good candidates for breas-t reduction surgery?
What Are The Risks Related To Breas-t Reduction Surgery?
Breas-t reduction surgery is your personal choice. The chance of potential danger or complication is scarce if a board certified and an experienced surgeon is chosen. Below is the list of potential risks and complications:
Precautions Before Surgery
To prepare you for the surgery following steps are taken:
Breas-t reduction surgery in Mumbai is carried out in a hospital, office-based surgical centre, or ambulatory/outpatient centre. Depending on the extent of breas-t reduction the whole procedure takes 1-3 hours to complete. Mostly it is recommended to stay in the hospital for 1-2 days post-surgery. Breas-t reduction surgery includes following steps:
1. Anesthesia- For your comfort during breas-t reduction surgery, intravenous or general anesthesia is administered. Mostly general anesthesia is administered.
2. Incision- Incision in the breas-t may be done in any of the following patterns:
A circular pattern around the areola- The incision lines are more visible in this pattern. Scars are permanent. However, swimsuit and bra can very well conceal the incisions.
Racquet or keyhole pattern- Here two incisions are made. One is made circling the areola and the second one runs down to the breas-t crease vertically from the bottom of an areola. This pattern is for women who need a moderate breas-t reduction and in whom there is noticeable sagging. This type of incision allows the surgeon to remove excess breas-t tissue, fat and skin and reshape the newer and smaller breas-t. Also, this incision pattern enables lifting the breas-t to give a more youthful look.
Anchor-shaped or inverted- Here three incisions are made. One around the areola edge, second vertically from areola to breas-t crease and third underneath the breas-t along the crease. This incision technique allows maximum tissue removal and shaping. This approach is for patients with big breas-t size, asymmetry or significant sagging.
3. Removal of tissues and repositioning- The areola area is moved to the new position while it is attached to the blood supply. The required areola is reduced by skin excising. The breas-t tissue is lifted, removed and re-shaped. If the patient has sizeable pendulous breas-t, the areola are removed and then transplanted to a higher position.
4. Closing the incisions- To reshape the smaller breas-t the incisions are brought together. To create and support the newer breas-t, sutures are layered deep within the breas-t tissue. Skin is closed with surgical tapes and skin adhesives.
What To Expect?
After the surgery, your breas-t is covered with bandage or gauze dressing. For how long you will have to keep the dressing depends on recovery time. Excess of fluid or blood is drained by placing a thin tube under the arms.
Results are immediate but take a few months to be completely visible. For a few days, your breas-t might be bruised, swollen, sensitive to touch and tender. Although the incision lines are permanent, they fade, and appearance significantly improves with time. You might be recommended to wear elastic compression bra to support your breas-ts during the recovery period. If non-dissolving sutures are applied, then stitches will be removed in 1-2 weeks.
Successful breas-t reduction gives you a proportionate figure, improves your self-image and increases your ability to take part in physical activity. The results are permanent, however, in the future, pregnancy, weight fluctuations, gravity, hormonal changes and ageing may affect the size and shape of the breas-t.
Precautions After Surgery
For fast recovery your surgeon will recommend you following precautionary measures:
Dr. Parag Sir is the best cosmetic surgeon in Mumbai. Very happy with the treatment & result. The entire procedure was very comfortable. Didn't experience any pain or discomfort and would recommend to anyone considering cosmetic treatment.!✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.
Dr. Parag Telang is one of the best doctors for cosmetic surgeon He not only treated my son well but that too without any plastic surgery. Highly recommend Dr. Parag Telang. And his staff member.✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.
He is exceptionally good at his procedures. He examines thoroughly and provides treatments to treat the underlying cause of the problem. I went for blepharoplasty treatment under him, and he has remarkably restored the youthfulness of the eyes. Every time, I speak of him, my eyes gleam with pride. He is the best.✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.