The shape and the proportion of the buttocks is determined by genetics, but the appearance of the lower body is influenced by your body’s skeletal structure and fat stores. Healthy diet and exercise keep the muscles toned and maintains body weight. However, despite a healthy lifestyle, there are clients with flat buttocks and unhappy buttock profile.Brazilian butt lift can help to reshape butt and surrounding areas.
What Is Brazilian Butt Lift
Brazilian butt lift procedure uses specialized fat transfer technique to achieve a rounder and fuller buttock contour. In this procedure, the excess of fat is removed from the abdomen, lower back, hip and thighs via liposuction and then injected strategically into the buttocks after purification.
Prerequisites : Why to Have Brazilian Butt Lift
Following are the reasons to consider Brazilian butt lift:
- Enhance lower body curve
- Reduce fat pockets on thighs, belly and hips
- Add fullness and roundness to buttocks.
- Give an aesthetically pleasing and more youthful shape to your flat buttocks
- Improve the balance between the upper and the lower body.
Treatments Available/ Solution
Common methods to reshape and enlarge buttocks are Brazilian butt lift (using your natural fatty tissue) and buttock implants.
Buttock Implant- If you are lean and there is not much fat to harvest, buttock implants help you to achieve the required butt size. However, there is associated risks such as capsular contracture and infection.
Brazilian butt lift- The advantage of Brazilian butt lift is that it helps to increase the size of buttocks without placing implants. As fatty tissue is obtained from the persons own body , there is no chance of rejection or minimal chance infection. It renders a natural looking result.
Who Are Ideal Candidates For Brazilian Butt Lift
Although Brazilian butt lift is considered a good option to improve the size of buttocks still for some patient, this procedure suits better whereas others may not qualify as an appropriate candidate.You are an ideal candidate for a Brazilian butt lift if you have the following prerequisites :
- The skin over the Buttocks and hips is well toned.
- You want butt augmentation without implants
- Donar site has adequate fat tissues to harvest and inject into your butts.
- You are ready to avoid sitting on your buttocks for several weeks post surgery.
- You are healthy with realistic expectations and positive attitude.
*A Brazilian butt lift is not a solution to address loose skin on your buttocks. ‘Thighs and Buttock surgery’ is a more suitable option if you are bothered about sagging and excess skin on thighs and buttocks.
Precaution Before Brazilian Butt Lift
Follow the instructions given below to prepare yourself for Brazillian butt lift:
- Your surgeon will evaluate your health condition and take your medical history to determine if you are fit for the procedure.
- If your BMI is more than 35kg/m2 based on your height and weight then you need to reduce your weight to reduce the risk of postoperative complications.
- Stop smoking from four weeks before the procedure.
- Stop taking anti-inflammatory medications, blood thinning medication and herbs that increase the risk of bleeding a week before the surgery as instructed by your surgeon.
- Stop taking alcohol from a week before the procedure.
- Stay hydrated and eat a well-balanced diet to prepare yourself for the surgery
- Do not eat or drink anything for 8 hours before the surgery time.
- Wear loose clothes on the day of the surgery
- Arrange someone to drive you back and stay with you for a few days.
The procedure is done in following steps:
1. Brazilian butt lift surgery is performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia, intravenous sedation or local anesthesia depending on the patient’s health condition and requirement.
2. Fat is extracted through liposuction with the help of suction tubes from the selected site. To insert the cannula a tiny incision is made. Donar site is the area of the body that has excess fat tissue such as hip thighs, abdomen or back.
3. The harvested fat is processed and purified for the transfer.
4. Using a syringe connected to the cannula the fat is reinjected. To inject fat three small incisions are needed in general. The cannula is moved back, and forth and the fat is grafted at multiple levels in layers to ensure that fatty tissue is deposited in the recipient area smoothly to augment and reshape the buttocks.
5. The incisions are closed with absorbable sutures.
Precautions After Brazilian Butt Lift
- You are not allowed to sit on your buttocks for next two-3 weeks post surgery. Sit only on Roho cushions from 3rd week of the surgery until complete recovery takes place. Pressure on the buttocks can shift or kill the fat transplanted.
- Do not smoke until complete recovery takes place
- Do not engage yourself in sexual activity for two weeks post surgery.
- Avoid swimming for four weeks and driving for three weeks after Brazilian butt lift.
- Avoid sleeping on your buttock for three weeks. Sleep on your sides.
- Take adequate rest but also walk 2-3 times in a day slowly as walking decreases swelling and chances of a blood clot.
- Do not expose your buttocks to sunlight for a year.Use a sunblock.
- You require minimum two weeks off from your work
- For the first two weeks, you are required to wear compression garment for 24 hours.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 4-6 weeks.
Results/ What To Expect
After the surgery, drains are placed to remove excess of fluid and blood. The drains are removed during follow up. Following surgery, you are required to wear a compression garment to support the treated area.
There may be swelling and bruising that will take six weeks to subside completely. For the first week, the treated area will feel sore aand stiff. You will be able to resume light activities in a week and after 10-14 days you may return to work. Four weeks post-surgery you will be able to resume your routine activity. Normal sitting is allowed after eight weeks. Within six months final result is evident and improved lower body with curved buttocks will become apparent. The incision scars fade with time and are easily hidden under clothing.
The result of Brazilian butt lift lasts for many years. The fat cells that are removed from the donor site will not return, and the fat cells that survive the transfer to butt will live for years. The outcome may be affected by weight fluctuations so maintain a stable weight after the procedure.
1. Which surgeon should I consult for Brazilian butt lift?
For a natural look and skillfully performed Brazilian butt lift consult Dr Parag Telang. He is Mumbai’s most preferred board-certified cosmetic plastic surgeon.
2. What are the possible complications associated with Brazilian butt lift?
Possible complications following Brazilian butt lift are:
• Swelling and bruising
• Numbness and pain
• Pulmonary embolism
• Fat embolism
• Stretch marks
• Partial loss of fat graft
Inform your doctor if you have a fever or excessive bleeding or swelling.
3. Can someone else donate fat for Brazilian butt lift?
Unless the fat is taken from an identical twin, it is not possible for someone to donate fat for Brazilian butt lift.
4. How much fat remains after Brazilian butt lift?
Some fat is resorbed irrespective of the technique used. This is why more fat is placed than required for the ultimate result. It is estimated that 50-70 percent fat remains long term. However, fat resorption is unpredictable.
5. Can Brazilian butt lift combined with other procedures?
A Brazilian butt lift is already a combination of two procedures; liposuction and butt transfer. If you want to combine it with more procedures such as additional body contouring, consult your surgeon.