Do you feel your breas-t does not match with your all over physique?
In general, the shape of your breas-ts complements your body. Aging and gravity cause the breas-t to droop, lose firmness and sag. Pregnancy, breas-t-feeding, menopause and weight fluctuations also cause your boobs to lose lift and volume. Sagging boobs and downward pointing areola affect self-confidence and self-esteem. To dispose of displeasing changes in breas-t and to get back the natural and youthful breas-t appearance, one can consider a breas-t lift surgery.
What is a Breas-t Lift Surgery?
A breas-t lift is an aesthetic surgery to raise boobs by removing extra breas-t skin, tightening tissues, reshaping, raising areola area to forward position and make upper portion fuller. It is also termed as mastopexy. It is done to give breas-ts a more buoyant, perkier, firmer and youthful appearance. It restores feminine proportion. After a breas-t lift surgery, your boobs will look more round. This procedure also reduces large and stretched areola.
The type of breas-t lift varies according to the incision technique used by your surgeon. The choice of incision technique relies on the amount of skin that is to be removed, patient’s personal goals and type of existing breas-t tissue. Also, the surgeon recommends the kind of breas-t lift that will help the patient to achieve an optimal result with least scarring.
Types of breas-t lift surgery:
1. Crest lift- This type of breas-t lift is used to correct minimal sagging, and it leaves minimal scarring. Here the incision made is tiny and runs only halfway around the top edge of the areola. It is done less frequently and only in the patients who are also having breas-t augmentation.
2. Doughnut lift or Peri-areolar Lift- It is done in the women with mild breas-t sagging. Here incision circles the areola edge. This procedure is usually done in conjugation with breas-t augmentation cosmetic surgery and is also useful in reducing areola size. The resulted scar traces the areola edge.
3. Lollipop lift or vertical lift- This is the most common type of breas-t lift surgery that allows the removal of excess skin and reshapes breas-t with easily hidden scars. It involves two types of incisions. One incision is done circling the areola edge, and other runs vertically from bottom of the areola to inframammary fold. This procedure corrects moderate breas-t sagging along with providing extensive re-shaping.
4. Anchor lift or Inverted T- For patients with pendulous and sagging breas-t, anchor lift mastopexy is considered. It removes a significant amount of sagging tissue and skin. In this type of breas-t lift, three incisions are made. One runs along the areola edge; the second incision runs vertically from bottom of the areola to inframammary crease, and the third one is hidden along inframammary crease. This technique is also used when you have a breas-t lift in conjugation with breas-t reduction surgery. Scarring is visible but fades over time. Even, the incisions are easily hidden by the bikini top.
Causes: Why To Consider A Breas-t Lift
Who Are Good Candidates For A Breas-t Lift
The most effective way to raise drooping bust lines is breas-t lift surgery or mastopexy. Mastopexy is many times done in combination with breas-t augmentation. If you want significant change in your breas-t size, you need to conjugate mastopexy with breas-t augmentation and if you want a smaller but firmer and raised breas-t do consider a breas-t lift with reduction mammoplasty.
Precautions Before Breas-t Lift Surgery
To Prepare you for a breas-t lift surgery you will be asked to:
Through various techniques and incision patterns, the breas-t lift procedure is achieved. Mastopexy is done in a hospital or office-based surgical center or ambulatory surgical facility or outpatient. The surgery is carried out in following steps:
1. Anesthesia- For the patient’s comfort during the surgery intravenous, or general anesthesia is administered. Depending on your health condition, your preference and extent of surgery your doctor will recommend the best choice for you. Usually, in breas-t lift surgery, general anesthesia is given.
2. Incision and breas-t reshaping- Which type of breas-t lift and incision technique is best for you is determined by the size and shape of the breas-t, areola position and size, skin elasticity and quality, extra skin amount on your breas-ts and the degree of breas-t drooping.
Commonly there are three types of incision patterns:
After the incision is done, the breas-t tissue is lifted and reshaped to improve the firmness and breas-t contour. For a more natural appearance, areola area are repositioned. If areola is large the skin at the perimeter is excised and reduced. The excess of breas-t skin is also removed to compensate for reduced elasticity.
3. Closing the incisions- Once the breas-t is reshaped, the excess of skin is removed, and the rest of the skin and breas-t tissue is tightened. Incisions are closed with dissolving sutures.
What To Expect?
During the recovery period bandages and dressings are applied to the incisions. You may have to wear support bra or elastic bandage to support your breas-ts and minimize swelling. A thin tube will be placed temporarily to drain excess of fluid and blood.
The result of surgery is visible immediately, but the post-surgical swelling resolves over time. Also, the incision lines fade with time. The final result takes a few months to appear. The breas-t lift outcome is long lasting but aging, gravity, weight fluctuations, pregnancy, and breas-tfeeding may affect the result. If you want to retain breas-t lift for a longer time, maintain your weight and follow a healthy lifestyle.
Dr. Parag Sir is the best cosmetic surgeon in Mumbai. Very happy with the treatment & result. The entire procedure was very comfortable. Didn't experience any pain or discomfort and would recommend to anyone considering cosmetic treatment.!✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.
Dr.Parag Telang is a magician, he does his work beautifully. I would strongly recommend him, one of the best doctor.✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.
Very fantastic experience with Dr. Parag Sir during my Brothers operation. all doctor team is experienced and well educated. Thank you, sir✱ Opinion / Results may vary person to person.